Picasa comes with a slideshow utility that can be embedded into any webpage. Setup is easy and the photo album maintainance is handled by Picasa. Learn how to display a Picasa slideshow in your website.
- CREATE A WEB ALBUM IN PICASA
Use the Picasa application to create an album, or choose an existing Picasa album. Make sure your album is synced to the web. I set the Visibility to Public so anyone can view the photos.
- RETRIEVE THE SLIDESHOW LINK FROM PICASA
- Open the Web Album in your favorite browser. (You can use the link “view online… ” from within the Picasa application.)
- Select “Link to this album “. (Found on the right column of the Web Album page.)
- Select: “Embed Slideshow “.
- The new window “Create a portable slideshow for your website…” will appear. Once the desired slideshow options are selected, copy the HTML text at the bottom of the window.
- Paste the HTML code into your webpage. [I use Dreamweaver to edit my web pages but something as simple as NotePad will do.]
For Dreamweaver users: Bring up your web page in the Design tab. Click to mark the insertion point. Change to the Code tab. Paste the HTML code (Ctrl V). Save File.
Now save these changes to the sever and your slideshow is ready to view!
For WordPress: Log into WordPress administration. Create a new post or edit an existing post. Paste the HTML code from Picasa into the editor and save the changes.
[If you created your website through a web hosting service like GoDaddy, you may need to use their web site editting services. Make sure you go into HTML mode before pasting.]